Monday, January 1, 2024

A Year in Review and A Year To Come

This year I accomplished a lot of ttrpg goals.  I ran at a convention for the first time (PAX Unplugged),  my Worlds Without Number campaign is thriving, and I'm rediscovering a lot of the joy I had missed from running the game. 

That's not to say I didn't like running the game.  Only that the enjoyment was more from the shared experience and not my role.  Since attending PAX and starting to blog again I have remembered things about running the game that sparked a lot of joy for me.  Such as structuring prep to where it is fun.  I found an old sketch book that has been unused for years and using it to draw dungeons has been envigorating.  I am very optimistic about 2024 and I cannot wait to see what it brings us! 


2023 Awards: 

Game of the Year:  Fox Curio's: Floating Bookshop by Ella Lim

Best Adventure Module: sdf

Best Book: The Monster Overhaul

Best Zine: Fallen by Perplexing Ruins

Best GM Aid: Hexcrawl Toolbox

Most Anticipated Game of 2024:  Mythic Bastionland

Most Anticipated Book of 2024: Dolmenwood



In 2023 I played:

Worlds Without Number*

Break! 

Ironsworn^

Starforged^

Dragonbane

The Walking Dead

Mythic Bastionland*

Fox Curio's: Floating Bookshop^

Lichdom^

* = DM also /// ^ = Played Solo


This is a lot less than I did in 2022 and 2021.  Mostly because my main DM campaign and player campaign are both in WWN.  I also think this is the first year since I started playing ttrpgs (2017) that I did not play D&D 5e.  Interesting!  That being said: I want to experience more systems in 2024. 

That is a great segway into my 2024 goals! 

2024 I Want To: 

Play 24 TTRPG Systems.  Includes solo ones! 

Complete My Daily 2024 Challenge (see next blog post) 

Start an Itch.io Page and publish my dungeons.  

Continue to Blog! 

Thank you to anyone who takes a minute to read my ramblings.  I wish you nothing but great things in the year to come! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!

    I haven't found a dungeon writing process that I've liked and I sometimes feel like dungeon writing is wasted prep if it doesn't get used. Reading So You Want to Be a Game Master definitely has a process that has piqued interest enough that I want to give writing a dungeon a shot in 2024.

    ReplyDelete

2024 Goal Progress

 It has been 9 days and I'm already posting an update!  Played ttrpgs: 2/24  Worlds Without Number* Mythic Bastionland^ Fox Curios: Floa...